Pk vs. NZ in Tests
Pk Record Played 48: PK Won 22/Drawn 19/Lost 7
5 Areas Where they should look to exploit and capitalise on In The Test Series Against NZ
1) The Tail wagging. This is an area where they could look to excel, surprise and frustrate the Kiwis with their vast depth in this department with many handy bowling all rounder's in their ranks who have the capability to stick around and strike the ball nicely. This could help in extending leads, minimising deficits and posting respectable totals.
2) Getting after the NZ Skipper. He is a dominant experienced cunning figure in both departments and in order to minimise his individual impact, attacking him is the best way forward.
3) Holding on to their chances and raising standards. They have a much better fielding unit and keeper this time then they did last time around when they visited, so I expect them to do considerably better in the fielding department in order to give their attack maximum support.
4) Getting scalps up front with the new cherry. They will be banking on this. They have a few rookies who will enjoy the assistive conditions. Imperative that they use this to their advantage and get themselves in the game early on, as opposed to having to fight their ways back into it.
5) Finding ways to overcome the fragility of their line up in challenging conditions such as by ensuring they win the toss and bowl first with the vision of keeping NZ under 250 in order to give them a realistic chance of making things happen and prevent their limitations from being exposed which will potentially and inevitably bring them on the back foot early in the piece.
On the whole, it should be a thrilling well balanced contest between two low ranked mediocre Test Sides. The series provides an opportunity for Pakistan to finally win a Test Series which is something they have not achieved since 2006. Personally, I feel the brief series will be drawn, but inside dream optimistically of a Test Series Win which the side could really do with for various reasons. Lets wait and see as the intriguing action will unfold in front of our eyes.
If 2011 is anywhere as bad as 2010 I seriously fear for the future of Pakistan Cricket and subsequently Pakistan as cricketers are our leading ambassadors. Cricket is a field of professionalism which can unite, develop reputation and promote a good image. Its make or break time and we as patriots and passionate followers need to express our passion for wanting to get the best out of Pakistan Cricket.
I am not expecting performance to improve drastically, however a clean, flawless and minimal controversy will be really refreshing to see and perhaps will rejuvenate our interational cricketing credibility in a sense. Performance is also needed to keep us motivated and hopeful. A WC victory is an unexpected dream, but will get behind the men in green and follow them with great intensity.
7 years ago